Default / Foreclosure
Many homeowners are struggling to make their mortgage payments. Fortunately, a number of government and private programs have been put in place to help homeowners avoid mortgage default and foreclosure. Lakeside provides counseling to individuals who are concerned about losing their homes to foreclosure. Counseling sessions are designed to identify the cause of the mortgage delinquency and develop an action plan for resolving the problem and bring the borrower current.
As part of the counseling process, Lakeside’s counselors will:
- Review your loan(s) and finances to identify causes of delinquency
- Help you develop a budget to make payments
- Develop an action plan for resolving the delinquency, based on your goals and a realistic assessment of your options.
- Help you complete applications for programs like Making Home Affordable
- Work with you during negotiations with your lender and servicer until you achieve a resolution.
- Help you locate outside professionals to help with specific problems, including low-cost legal services.
- Provide support in your search for alternate housing, in the event that is necessary.
All clients must bring all requested documents to the initial appointment or the housing counseled will not be able to see you. Click here to view "Be Prepared to Fix Your Mortgage" document checklist.
Lakeside’s counselors can identify sources of financial assistance and help homeowners access different private and government programs. Services are provided thanks to grants from the National Community Reinvestment Coalition and National Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling Program (NFMC), as well as by donations from individuals and corporations.
For more information on how Lakeside can assist you avoid foreclosure, please contact Julio Soriano or Susan DeBeaubien at (773) 381-5253.
Learn About Foreclosure Prevention with One of These Excellent Videos
Click the title to play the video
Aprenda Sobre la Prevención de Ejecuciones de Hipotecas con Uno de Estos Videos Exelentes
Haga click en el título para ver el vídeo
Videos provided by and © Copyright Illinois Legal Aid. For more information please visit Illinois Legal Aid.
Last updated on 11/2011