Lakeside Community Development Corporation
- Buying a Home of Your Own - A-Z
- Sat, Sep 29, 2012 - Sat, Sep 29, 2012 09:30AM - 05:00PM
- Lakeside CDC- 6636 N Clark Street - Chicago
- Education & Training
Buying a home is like baking a cake. If you follow the right recipe, you get a real treat. If not...
At our our full-day homebuyer education workshop, we teach prospective homebuyers about an array of topics, including:
- Evaluating your housing needs and wants
- Different types of mortgages and how to choose what is best for you
- Downpayment assistance programs
- Mortgage scams and how to avoid predatory loans
- Budgeting for home ownership
- How to assemble your home purchase team
- Conducting a housing search
- Fair housing
- Getting to the closing table
- Home maintenance after you buy
- And more!
We will have a special segment on buying a condominium and also how to buy a distressed property (foreclosure, vacant, short sale). All attendees will receive a 240-page homebuyer education guide, "Realizing the American Dream," published by Neighborworks America. This workshop will get you started on the path to home ownership and help you avoid making costly mistakes - now and in the future.
The cost to attend this workshop is $35, which includes materials and a box lunch.
Registration is required. Attendees who wish to receive a certificate of completion must also attend the 2-hour orientation (see event schedule).
Program support for this event provided in part by National Community Reinvestment Coalition and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Lakeside CDC- 6636 N Clark Street
- 6636 N Clark Street
Lakeside Community Development Events Listing